Thursday, 29 June 2017

Pride/Rainbow Makeup Look


Hey everybody, seeing as it's Pride month I thought I would create a makeup look to celebrate. While I was unfortunately unable to attend the Pride celebrations this year, this is definitely the look I would've worn. I considered doing a bolder look with rainbow brows and/or lips also but decided to go for this still bold but slightly more wearable look. If you want to try this look out for yourself or have a Pride look of your own I'd love to see them, so be sure to let me know down below or tag me on social media (links will be below as always). To find out how I created this look just keep on reading.


To start I primed my face using the PS... Strobing Illuminating Primer.


I then used the same foundation as always; the Collection Illuminating Touch Foundation in Porcelain mixed with Freedom Ghost Whitener.


I also used the same concealer Essence Stay All Day 16H Concealer in Natural Beige.


And finally, I set my base with the Essence All About Matte Powder.


To add a bit of colour to my face I used the Essence Sun Club Bronzer in 01 Natural, I used the Blondes, for lighter skin version. 


For my contour, I used the Barry M Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit for Light to Medium skin tones. I also used the Highlight shade to set my undereye concealer. 


Finally, for the awesome rainbow effect highlight, I used the PS... Rainbow Highlight. If you'd prefer a more subtle highlight you can skip this step or use just one specific shade of the highlighter. 



On my brows, I used the Makeup Revolution Aqua Brow Tint in Medium Brown and the Essence Lash & Brow Clear Gel Mascara.


Moving onto the eye look, I started by priming my eyes using the Essence 2 in 1 Eyeshadow and Primer. I always use this for brighter looks as it helps the shadows look more vibrant. 


I used a combination of the two marked shades for my transition shade before going in with the brighter shades. I also used the white shade in the upper left corner for my browbone highlight. 


As marked in the picture I first used the red shade in the crease, I then used the orange shade on the outer corner and filled in the rest of my lid using the yellow shade. On my lower lashline, I used the purple on the outer and blue on the inner half. Finally, I used the pale shimmery green shade on my inner corner.

To really make the green inner corner shade pop I used a little of the NYX eye pencil in White Pearl underneath. 


For my waterline, I used both the Essence Longlasting Eye Pencil in the shade 16 Coolest Chic and the Catrice Longlasting Eye Pencil Waterproof in 110 Rendez-blue. Like my lower lashline, I used the blue on the inner half and purple on the outer half. 



To finish off the eye look I used the Makeup Revolution Amazing Volume Mascara on my top lashes. Then on the bottom lashes, I used PS... Rainbow Lashes Mascaras in Cobalt and Lilac. I again used the blue on the inside and purple on the outside. 


I decided to go for a nude lip to keep the focus on the eyes and highlight. I used the Makeup Revolution Lip Euphoria in the shade Aura. 

Here is the finished look: 

That completes my Pride inspired makeup look, I hope you enjoyed. Thank you so much for taking the time to read. If you're interested you can check out some of my previous posts using the links in the sidebar. I've also linked all my previous looks below. As always please follow the blog or my social media to keep up to date for future posts.

Other Makeup Looks:
Valentine's Hair and Makeup Inspiration
St. Patrick's Day Makeup Inspiration
Turquoise and Purple Spring Makeup Look
Sunset Inspired Makeup Look

Thank you again for reading, I hope you'll come back again. 

Until Next Time, 

Kayla 
xxx
Social Media Links:-
Facebook: laceandlipglossxx
Instagram: @lace_and_lipgloss
Twitter: @laceandlipgloss
Tumblr: laceandlipglossxx
Pinterest: laceandlipgloss
Bloglovin': @laceandlipgloss
Snapchat: laceandlipglos5

No comments:

Post a Comment