Monday, 13 February 2017

Valentines Hair and Makeup Inspiration


Hey everyone, as I said in my previous post today I'll be sharing two Valentine's hair and makeup looks. I originally had three planned but I decided on sticking to two due to time constraints. I'll be telling you exactly which products I used for each look but these are fairly simple to recreate with any similar products. I hope you enjoy and feel free to share your Valentine's looks with me on social media (links are below).

Face and Brows

For both looks, I used the same products for my face and brows, so I'm going to list those here and then move on to the specific looks. 

For my foundation, I used Collection Illuminating Touch Foundation in the shade 1 Porcelain and mixed it with a little bit of the Freedom Ghost Whitener as it's just a tad too dark for me. I find applying this with a damp Real Techniques sponge gives the best finish.I also used the sponge to apply my concealer which is the Essence Stay All Day 16H Longlasting Concealer.




For contour, I used my Makeup Revolution Ultra Contour Kit, I used the second shade on the bottom row to contour and I also used the yellow shade to set my undereye concealer.


I used all three products in the Makeup Revolution Iconic Blush Bronze and Highlight in Smolder. 
I then finished off by setting my makeup with the MUA Pressed Powder in Shade 1.



Finally, for my brows, I used the Makeup Revolution Focus & Fix Brow Kit in Light/Medium.



Now onto the looks:

Look 1 - Romantic Rose Gold 

For the first look, I went for a pretty rose gold eye look with a pink lip and a simple tucked hairstyle with some face framing curls.

For my hair, I went for a really simple look using a pretty white braided headband. This hairstyle is super simple as you just put on the hairband and tuck your hair in at the back. I decided to add the curls at the front to make the hairstyle a little bit prettier and romantic looking. 



For my makeup, I used the W7 In the Nude palette to create the eye look. I used Alice as my transition shade then went in with Coffee Cup for the outer corner and Copper Pot on the Lid. I finished off the look with Latte as my browbone highlight and Angel for my inner corner highlight using a little bit of NYX White Pearl eyeliner underneath to intensify the colour. 




For my waterline I used the I Heart Makeup All Day and Night eyeliner in the Last Laugh and used both Coffee Cup and Copper Pot blended on the lower lashline.


For the lips, I used NYX Dolly Pink lip liner and MUA Lipstick in Persian Rose.


Look 2 - Pretty in Pink

For the second look, I decided to go a little bit more dramatic with a pink eye look and kept the lips more muted with a glossy nude.  For the hair, I decided on a half up curled up-do with a cute pink bow clip.

For the hairstyle in this look, I simply curled my hair normally and sectioned off the top section and secured it with the bow clip. As with the first look, I kept some curls down to frame my face.

For this bright pink eye look, I used the I Heart Makeup Chocolate Love palette which I bought recently just in time to do this look. I used Love as my transition shade and then blended pink into the crease, outer corner and lower lashline. For the lid shade, I used Heart and also blended this on the lower lashline. Finally, for highlight, I again used NYX white pearl eyeliner to intensify the inner corner highlight which was Whipped while the browbone highlight was Flavour. 





For my waterline used Essence Longlasting Eyeliner in Berry Merry. I also just realised I forgot use mascara for either of these looks, but I usually use the Rimmel Glam Eyes Waterproof mascara. 




For the nude lip, I used Essence Lipliner in In the Nude underneath a nude Makeup Revolution Amazing lipstick which I got in the 2015 advent calendar ( I believe it's called The One but there's no shade name so I'm not sure) and topped it off with Essence XXXL Shine Lipgloss in Nude Kiss. 






I'm really happy with how these looks turned out and I hope you enjoyed and maybe got some inspiration for your Valentine's looks. If you would like to check out my Valentine's nail art post you can do so here and you can check out any of my other posts via the links in the sidebar. 

If you'd like to keep up with future posts be sure to follow this blog and my social media. Thank you so much for reading and I hope you'll come back again.

Until Next Time,

Kayla
xxx
Social Media Links:-
Facebook: laceandlipglossxx
Instagram: @lace_and_lipgloss
Twitter: @laceandlipgloss
Tumblr: laceandlipglossxx
Pinterest: laceandlipgloss
Bloglovin': @laceandlipgloss
Snapchat: laceandlipglos5

No comments:

Post a Comment