Thursday, 2 February 2017

Miscellaneous Favourites 2016


Hey everyone, today marks the end of my 2016 favourites series with a roundup of a few of the miscellaneous things I loved throughout the year. If you'd like to check out my previous 2016 favourites posts they'll be linked below. Let's get on with the favourites then: 

TV Shows

I actually did a TV show favourites/recommendations post early last year which you can read here.

However, alongside that I have a couple of other favourites to tell you guys about. Firstly those of you who follow me on twitter will know I became absolutely obsessed with Eyewitness. The show came out in October and I was honestly obsessed before it even aired thanks to the teaser clips and interviews released beforehand. The show has an incredible story filled with suspense and an awesome love story between two main characters Philip and Lukas. I highly recommend this show to anyone, but I would advise staying away from my twitter if you want to avoid spoilers.
 
Another new show I discovered was The Get Down, after reading the synopsis and finding out it was a musical drama I just had to give it a try and it did not disappoint. I loved the story and the music was absolutely fantastic, I am eagerly awaiting season 2.

Finally, Sense8, not a new show but a show I discovered in 2015 and rewatched many times throughout 2016 while waiting for the release of the second season. This show is so different and a little difficult to explain but it's absolutely amazing. I'm not even going to try explain the plot for risk of not doing it justice so I just encourage you to go watch it for yourself on Netflix.

Movies

I can't list my movie favourites without first mentioning the obvious: The Harry Potter series. These movies are long term favourites and I probably watch at least one of them each month. As you probably are all familiar with the plot I won't go into detail explaining this one.

Similarly the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit trilogies are firm favourites also. I was actually a little late to the game on LOTR but I fell in love instantly and while these trilogies haven't quite reached Harry Potter level of obsession they're definitely up there.

Moving on to a newer movie I was sorely missing out on Star Wars until I saw The Force Awakens last January and learned what I was seriously missing out. I've rewatched this movie many many times since I saw it and I still love it just as much. I also developed quite the obsession with BB-8 as you'll see in a bit.

Music

 I actually only have one favourite for music which is the Hamilton soundtrack, I finally downloaded this and have been listening to it almost non-stop (no pun intended). I have introduced this to anyone who was willing to listen, it's safe to say the obsession has gotten a little out of hand so much so that I happy cried when I found out the show was coming to London in time for me to maybe go see it when I go for my 21st birthday. I also may or may not have Burn as my ringtone. 


Random

The final favourite shows my BB-8 obsession as I mentioned above. My awesome dad brought me back this super cute alarm clock from his trip to Florida back in October and I love it so much. I have a bit of a thing for fun novelty alarm clocks (I also have a clapper board one from Madame Tussauds back home) The only downside is as cute as it is it doesn't make waking up any easier, it's not a magic clock after all.

So, that's it for my miscellaneous favourites and the final 2016 favourites post. Thank you guys so much for reading and I do hope you'll come back for more soon. If you'd like to keep up to date with future post be sure to check out my social media and if you'd like to check out some of my other post you can click the links in the sidebar. 

As promised here are the links for the previous posts in my 2016 Favourites series:
Part 1: Makeup
Part 2: Beauty

Thanks again for taking the time to read.

Until Next Time, 
Kayla 
xxx
Social Media Links:-
Facebook: laceandlipglossxx
Instagram: @lace_and_lipgloss
Twitter: @laceandlipgloss
Tumblr: laceandlipglossxx
Pinterest: laceandlipgloss
Bloglovin': @laceandlipgloss
Snapchat: laceandlipglos5

No comments:

Post a Comment