Thursday, 12 January 2017

2016 Beauty Favourites: Skincare, Hair, Nails, Fragrance



Hey guys, welcome back to my blog or just welcome if this is your first time reading. Today's post is a continuation of my 2016 favourites, this time I'll be telling you guys which beauty products I've loved over the past year besides makeup. I covered my makeup faves in my previous post which you can check out here if you haven't already: 2016 Makeup Favourites.

Here are my 2016 Beauty favourites for Skincare, Haircare, Nails and Fragrance:

Skincare

First up is Aqueous Cream, this is the best moisturiser I've used and also doubles up as a cleanser. As I've previously mentioned on this blog I have dry skin and this product has been an absolute miracle worker. I use this twice a day and my skin has never felt better, and this giant tub only cost me €1.50 in Dealz which is an awesome added bonus.

For my hands, I've loved the Bee Good Honey & Crambe Daily Hand Cream. Firstly it's cruelty-free which is always a good thing. The scent of this is lovely without being too strong and it makes my hands feel so soft. I also love that, unlike some other hand creams I've tried, this product doesn't feel greasy or take ages to soak in.

For makeup removal, I'm still using the Garnier Micellar water which I've loved for a long time now. I love this because it takes off my makeup really well without drying out my skin and I can use it as a quick face cleanser when I'm in a rush or feel particularly lazy.

Haircare

Some of you may know if you follow me on Instagram that I had my hair dyed red and blue thanks to my lovely sister early in the year. As I have naturally dark hair this meant I had to bleach it to put the blue in which dried my hair out quite a bit. To help with this I used the Tresemme Keratin Smooth Conditioning Mask which made my hair feel so soft and smooth. It didn't repair the damage but it definitely made my hair look and feel much better. I still use this on my hair and it really helps keep the frizz at bay and keep my hair healthy. I'll definitely keep using this as I'd like to dye my hair a fun colour I haven't tried before this year. Feel free to comment your suggestions below for which colour I should try out.

Also from Tresemme, I really loved the Sea Salt spray to create a lovely beachy wave in my hair. This product is so easy to use and is a perfect alternative to styling with a curler when I don't have time/don't feel like making the effort. I definitely used this product more than my hair curlers this year.

Nails

While I don't tend to paint my nails very often I do still enjoy doing my nails and trying out (very basic) nail art. With that in mind, I do have a few favourite nail polishes and nail art tools for the year.

My favourite nail polish formula is the Essence The Gel nail polish, these polishes are really affordable and the wide brush makes the application really easy. My stand out shades were: 22 i <3 my blue jeans, 33 wild white ways and 36 dare it nude.

In terms of nail art tools, I wrote a full post early in 2016 about the Born Pretty Nail art plates which you can read here: Born Pretty Nail Art Plates review. I love these as they make nail art incredibly simple, the patterns are already there and it's as easy as stamping them onto the nail. I go into a lot more detail in the linked post so if you're interested, make sure to give it a read.

Fragrance

I tend to use the same fragrance a lot of the time and don't change it up all that often and so have only got two favourite fragrances from 2016. One I used mainly in Spring/Summer and the other more so in Autumn/Winter.

My Spring/Summer pick was the Kate Moss Kate perfume which is a beautiful floral scent without being overpowering or too sweet. I mainly associate this scent with Spring and Summer hence why I reached for it during that time of the year.

Similarly my Hugo Boss perfume is a slightly warmer scent which I associate more with the Autumn and Winter time, particularly at Christmas. Considering I am terrible at describing scents I'll leave it there simply stating I really love both these scents.

That's all for my 2016 Beauty favourites, thank you so much for reading and I hope you'll come back soon. If you would like to keep up to date with my post you can follow my blog or by clicking the social media links below.
Thanks again for reading and I hope you enjoyed.

Until Next Time, 

Kayla 
xxx
Social Media Links:-
Facebook: laceandlipglossxx
Instagram: @lace_and_lipgloss
Twitter: @laceandlipgloss
Tumblr: laceandlipglossxx
Pinterest: laceandlipgloss
Bloglovin': @laceandlipgloss
Snapchat: laceandlipglos5

No comments:

Post a Comment