Friday, 12 August 2016

Top Summer Picks: Eyeshadow Palettes

Hello again, today I'm going to share with you, my Top 5 Summer Eyeshadow Palettes. This is Part 4 of my Top Summer Picks series and the first in the 3 eye product posts of the series. I will link Parts 1 to 3 down below so you can check out the other posts in the series and will continually update the list links to include each installment as I post them. You can also find my social media links below where you can let me know some of your favourite summer makeup picks. So, enough of where to find me let's get on with my favourite eyeshadow palettes of summer 2016.



My first favourite, you may have seen mentioned in my July Favourites post or on my Instagram. The Neon Nights palette by W7 just screams summer, with 12 amazingly pigmented bright, bold shades it's just to die for. This palette is perfect for a fun festival look, a pop of colour to add to a neutral look or to just go all out with a brightly coloured eye look. I am completely in love with this palette and am really looking forward to experimenting more with all the fun colours.

The second pick of the summer is made by a brand you may be sick of hearing about by now, but I just can't get enough of it: Makeup Revolution. This is the Salted Caramel palette from their I <3 Makeup line of chocolate palettes. I do currently own all of the palettes in the range but the warm tones of this palette meant I reached for this one quite a bit during the summer, the blue shade is also perfect for adding a pop of colour. Overall, I found when I wanted a neutral eyeshadow look I reached for this palette the most. The shadows are smooth and pigmented just like the other Makeup Revolution shadows I have tried and I use them a lot no matter the season.

Another Makeup Revolution item I've been reaching for quite a bit is this palette I got in the 2015 Advent Calendar. What I really like about this palette is it has a mix of fun colours and some more neutral shades. Like the previous palette, the shadows are beautifully smooth and pigmented, although this exact palette is unavailable, there are similar ones on the Makeup Revolution website if you wish to pick up something like it for yourself. I honestly didn't reach for this palette for quite a while due to using others, but once I did pick it up it became a fast favourite which I have used quite a bit the in the past months.

Pick number four is an all neutral palette by essence, The Bronzes palette. I love the shades in this palette and I just can't get enough of gold and bronzey shades in the summertime. These shadows are also pigmented and super smooth, however, the one downside of this palette is the lack of matte shades. I don't have much more to say about this palette it's simply a standard must have during the summer and so had to be featured on this list. 

Finally, this gorgeous Rimmel quad in True Union Jack. I honestly didn't know how to create a look with this palette when I first got it but just following the little diagram on the back creates a gorgeous smoky navy blue look with a pop of pink on the lid and an amazing silver inner corner highlight. I really love how the colours in this palette make my hazel eyes stand out and I have particularly loved using it for evening looks. The reason this palette is in the top summer picks list is because I rediscovered my love for this palette during the summer and it is a perfect way to incorporate summer colours like pink for a summers evening. 

That is all for another installment in my Top Summer Picks series, the next part will be single shadows followed by eyeliner and then finally face products such as blush, bronzer and highlight. 
Make sure to follow my blog to be updated when I post these, you can do so either here on Blogspot or on bloglovin' buttons for both are in the sidebar. Also, while you're here why not check out some of my other post which you can also find in the sidebar. 

Top Summer Picks Series

Thank you so much for reading and be sure to let me know below in the comments or on social media which palettes you guys have been enjoying this summer. 

Until Next Time,

Kayla
xxx
Social Media Links:- 
Facebook: laceandlipglossxx
Twitter: @laceandlipgloss
Pinterest: laceandlipgloss
Youtube: LaceandLiplossxx

No comments:

Post a Comment