Sunday, 19 June 2016

My Favourite "Nerdy" Bits 'n' Bobs

As a self proclaimed nerd I find it incredibly difficult to resist merchandise from my favourite TV shows, movies and books. As a result of this I have amassed a bit of a collection of merchandise, accessories and clothing containing logos, pictures and references to these favourites of mine. I thought it would be fun to put together some of my absolute favourites and show them to you guys.


My first souvenir and one of my most prized possessions is my wand. From Ollivanders in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, this wand actually chose me! Let me explain that one: If you remember the scene from the Philosopher's Stone where Harry gets his wand, basically they choose someone to try out some wands and one wand will choose them. That person was me and so my wand is a little bit extra special to me because of the awesome memory that comes along with it. Also for anyone who is curious it's a Hawthorn, Unicorn Tail Hair core and 12 1/2 in or so I was told.


Another Harry Potter related item is my Hufflepuff tie and of course my Hogwarts robes. I purchased these on eBay as although my love for Harry Potter is strong I simply couldn't buy the genuine robes as I wasn't likely to wear them too often. I am a proud Hufflepuff as sorted by multiple sorting hat quizzes and Pottermore which is why I chose the Hufflepuff robes rather than Gryffindor. Although they don't see the light of day all to often I love my robes and have proudly worn them to school for a World Book Day dress up day.


A very recent purchase of mine is my little TARDIS (for those of you who don't know that is Time and Relative Dimension in Space and it is the Doctor's time machine/spaceship from Doctor Who), I found this at a local market for only €5 and I couldn't leave it behind. Not only do the doors open but it also makes the signature TARDIS sound effects and lights up which makes me far too happy. I'm honestly not sure why I felt I needed this but I love it and it's here to stay.


My next Doctor Who item is still TARDIS related but a bit more functional. This messenger bag was a Christmas gift a few years back and one of my favourite bags, unfortunately I couldn't use it as a schoolbag as I had far too many books to fit in it and in college I had too few. It is however my designated sleepover bag and used whenever I need to fit more than my handbag will allow.


Finally, I have to mention a couple of Disney favourites, I grew up watching Disney movies and still love them just as much, if not more, now. (Who else is super excited for Finding Dory). The first item was a preplanned purchase which I bought almost immediately after arriving in Hollywood Studios. I had seen these Animators Collection dolls online and had to have one, after some careful consideration I chose Belle despite Cinderella being my favourite princess I just couldn't resist the cute little Chip she had. I am hoping to collect as many of these dolls as possible because they're just so cute.


I am also a massive fan of plush toys so it's no surprise I have a couple of Disney ones. My favourite though would have to be Pascal, he's one of my favourite Disney animals and is so cute. This little guy lives on my headboard and never fails to make me smile when I look at him, no judgement I'm a child at heart.

Those are my top favourite "nerdy" items and souvenirs, I'd love to know some of your favourite merchandise or souvenirs, why not let me know in the comments below?

Thank you for reading and be sure to follow me on bloglovin' and social media to be updated for future posts. You can also check out my other posts by clicking the links in the sidebar.

Until Next Time,

Kayla

xxx

Social Media Links:- 

Facebook: laceandlipglossxx
Twitter: @laceandlipgloss
Pinterest: laceandlipgloss
Youtube: LaceandLiplossxx


No comments:

Post a Comment