Wednesday, 20 April 2016

TV Show Favourites/Recommendations.

I watch a lot of TV, and I'm sure I'm not alone. I'm always looking for new shows to watch so I've decided to share my top 5 current favourite TV shows with you to maybe give you some ideas on which TV show you should get started with next.



In no particular order, here are my top 5 favourite TV Shows as of April 2016:

Shadowhunters


I wasn't originally a fan of the books or the movie, so the TV show was my first introduction to the world of Shadowhunters. From the very first episode I was completely hooked, with an awesome cast, bad ass characters and incredible storytelling this show was right for me straight off the bat. One of the things I love most about the show is that although it is centered around mythical beings and creatures it still deals with common issues which are relatable. I also might be a tiny bit in love with Matthew Daddario who plays Alec. If you haven't watched the show already I would recommend it 100% and if you have, just watch it again while we wait for season 2. 

The Fosters


I can't remember how I discovered this show  but I do remember loving it from the very beginning. What I like most about this show is that although it shows gay parents, it doesn't focus solely on that. The show focuses on the ups and downs of the family and each individual in it. It has dealt with many important issues and I totally think this show is worth a watch.  The acting is amazing, the storylines are awesome and the characters are so easy to fall in love with. I've laughed and cried because of this show and loved every minute of it.

American Horror Story


This was a show I didn't think I would enjoy at all, being a total wuss when it comes to horror I thought it wouldn't end well if I watched it. However, after a friend mentioned how much they enjoyed it and my curiosity got the better of me and I decided to give it a chance (making sure it was the middle of the day of course). I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it, I found it slightly addictive and just had to find out what happened next. I've just recently started on Coven (Season 3) and so far between Murder House and Asylum I would have to say Asylum won out. Be warned, this show contains some pretty messed up and freaky things but it is totally enjoyable even if you are a wuss like me. Maybe just make sure to watch during the day.

Once Upon a Time


Possibly my number one favourite at the moment, this show was another recommendation from a friend. As a big fan of magic, fairy tales and Disney I'm surprised I didn't start watching sooner, but when I did I enjoyed it so much I ended up watching the entire first season within a matter of days. This show is full of the classic fairy tales and characters we all grew up with and loved but with added twists, unlikely heroes and awesome characters. Also, as ABC is owned by Disney there are seasons which incorporate Disney characters and stories such as Frozen. Possibly one of the best TV shows currently, especially if you love all things fairy tale. You should go watch it right now.

Game of Thrones


And finally, saving the best 'til last! I'm sure everyone reading this has heard of Game of Thrones, but if you haven't watched it you are missing out. I was slightly dubious at first as all I'd heard was that there was a lot of sex scenes and gruesome death. I eventually caved after multiple occasions of hearing an episode blaring from my sisters laptop. Again one episode of this show turned into two and then three and before I knew it it was the early hours of the morning. To me the mark of a good show is when you just can't stop watching, when you just have to find out what's going to happen next. As I (not so) patiently wait for the season 6 premiere I encourage anyone who has not watched this awesome show to do so as soon as possible. Just be warned it may break your heart, like I said there's a lot of death.

So those are my current favourite TV shows/ recommendations. I'd love to get some new recommendations from you guys or hear what your favourite TV shows are so be sure to let me know down in the comments or on social media. 

Thank you for reading and be sure to follow me on bloglovin' if you'd like to be updated for future posts.

Until Next Time,

Kayla
xxx
Social Media Links:-
Facebook: laceandlipglossxx
Twitter: @laceandlipgloss
Pinterest: laceandlipgloss
Snapchat: laceandlipglos5

No comments:

Post a Comment