Sunday, 3 April 2016

March Favourites!

As it's the first post of April, I am of course going to be sharing my favourites for the past month. I've been wearing makeup more again this month so there is a mix of beauty and fashion items for my March favourites. I've also included a couple of random favourites that I've been loving recently.


So, on with the favourites....

Fashion

New Look Dungarees- A lovely birthday present from my even lovelier mam. I've been searching for the perfect pair of dungarees since March last year  and finally spotted these early in the month while browsing in New Look. I'm in love with the fit of these, I was originally looking for a looser pair but found these so flattering on me that I just had to have them.


Emoji Shoes- If you saw my last post you'll have seen me mention these. I found these totally adorable and couldn't resist picking them up, I've worn them so much since I got them and have particularly loved styling them with my dungarees to add a bit of colour. I'ved showed them off to anyone who'll look so I think it's safe to say I have a slight obsession with them. 


'Cold Shoulder' Top- Another item from my recent haul and another I've been wearing loads since I got it. I love how simple this top is to style but still looks so stylish. I simply throw this on with some jeans, ankle boots and a long necklace and I'm ready to go. This top is definitely going to be a key piece in my wardrobe.


Green Leather Jacket- As it is officially Spring, I've taken to adding some more pastel colours to my wardrobe. As the Irish weather hasn't warmed up too much yet this is the perfect piece to add some Spring colour to my wardrobe while still keeping warm.


Beauty

MUR Pink Fizz Palette- Surprise, surprise a Makeup Revolution item in my favourites. As I've been getting back into wearing makeup again this has been the palette I've been reaching for most. I love these shadows and the colour range is perfect. I can do a super natural look or add some pops of colour, I also love the pinky tones in this palette which add something different to a classic natural look.


MUR All About Cream Palette- Another Makeup Revolution item which I've really been loving this month. I was a bit wary of cream blushes as I'm always worried about going overboard and ending up looking rather clownish but I found these products so easy to use. I use a stipple brush and slowly build the colour, this means I can go for a natural flush or a slightly more dramatic look. These blushes blend like a dream and I find the colour selection perfect for any look I need.


Pink Lights Baked Highlighter- I got this highlight in the Makeup Revolution advent calendar and was amazed by the pigmentation and glow it gives. I have very pale skin and so found it difficult to find a good highlight but this one just blew me away. I love this for both highlighting my cheekbones and my inner corner, it's perfectly shimmery without being chunky and glittery it's so smooth and glides on the skin. I am just totally in love with this highlight.


Nyx White Pearl Eyeliner- This is possibly my favourite brightening eyeliner, I find it really opens my eyes whether I use it on my waterline or my inner corner. I particularly like it on the inner corner to really finish of an eye look or to intensify the look of a highlighting eyeshadow. It's definitely one of the more pigmented white liners that I have tried.


Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner- I have a total love for the colour blue, particularly on my eyes as I find it really brings out the colour and defines them well without being a harsh black. I also love adding a pop of colour to a mostly natural look and liner is perfect for that. I find these liners so smooth and pigmented, they glide on so well and stay put perfectly with no smudging or running.


Other

Shadowhunters TV Show- I began watching this show a while after it came out and I was hooked immediately. I really got into the show this month however as I was on easter break and had all the time in the world to watch and rewatch all the episodes. I would recommend this show to anyone, it deals with real issues while still being a badass fantasy show with demons and warlocks and more. I can't wait for the season finale but I so don't want it to be over, luckily the show has been picked up for season two so I'll have something to look forward to.


My Planner/Planning- I bought my planner back in January after watching a tonne of Plan with me videos on YouTube and deciding I wanted to get my life in order. It came in really handy in March the most as I got back to the blog and it has helped me keep more on track of my post as well as other things in my life. I find I'm so much more likely to do something if I've committed it to paper. I actually find planning really relaxing and I've also loved going shopping for planner supplies as I'm slightly mad about stationary.


Easter Eggs- Of course it was Easter this month and I, like I'm sure a lot of you, had my fair share of easter eggs. There is just something about easter eggs that I find superior to regular chocolate bars and sweets, so I made sure I had plenty to keep me going until next Easter.


And Finally, My New Hair- You may have seen on my instagram that I recently dyed my hair (well actually my fabulous sister did, and did a great job) red and blue and I am totally in love with it. I have had planned on dying my hair like this since around November, but things came up and it kept being put off so I am absolutely delighted to finally have it done. I won't lie I haven't walked past anything reflective without stealing a glance at my hair since I got it done, I'm so happy with it.


So that's it for this months favourites, I hope you enjoyed reading and please let me know some of your favourites from this month, in the comments or on social media (links below).

Thank you for reading and be sure to follow me on bloglovin' if you'd like to be updated for future posts.

Until Next Time,

Kayla
xxx
Social Media Links:-
Facebook: laceandlipglossxx
Twitter: @laceandlipgloss
Pinterest: laceandlipgloss
Snapchat: laceandlipglos5

No comments:

Post a Comment