Wednesday, 9 March 2016

What's in my Makeup Bag?

I love watching/reading ‘What’s in my Bag?’ videos/posts and I thought it would be fun to share my own. I usually keep my makeup in a drawer at my dressing table so today I’m going to talk about what I put in my makeup bag when I go back home for the weekend.
Let’s get started!

Firstly the makeup bag I currently use is the Zoella Beauty ‘just say… Yes’ bag. I love the size of this bag as I can fit all my products and tools, but it’s still small enough that it doesn’t take up too much space in my bag. 

Tools

The tools I bring with me are the 5 featured in my Top 5 Beauty Tools post plus a few others.
This double ended PS... Powder and blusher brush from Penneys. This is a very recent purchase but I am loving it so far, Penneys/Primark has definitely stepped up their game when it comes to makeup brushes. This brush so soft and applies so well.
  • To apply my eyeshadow I’ve been using this essence brush for quite a while now and I still love it. I find it picks up just the right amount of product to get a beautiful application. 
  • For my lower lash line I love using this narrow angled brush to get a precise application. I got this in a Pretty Pink brush set from Argos a couple years ago and recently discovered it’s great for defining my lower lash line.
  • My go-to brow brush is the Real Techniques brow brush from the starter set. I just love how easy and quick it makes doing my brows. I never do my brows without this brush anymore.
  • The final brush, also from the Real Techniques starter set is the accent brush. It’s super small and I absolutely love it to apply inner corner and brow bone highlight.

Face

  • The foundation I’m currently using is Rimmel Match Perfection. I find this foundation works really well with my skin, it doesn’t cling to dry patches and lasts well throughout the day. It also blends really well, has buildable coverage and gives a natural finish. 
  • The concealer I use is also by Rimmel, their Wake Me Up concealer. The yellow tone of this concealer really brightens my under eye and I find the coverage really great and I find it works well in covering blemishes also. 
  • To set my foundation and concealer I use the essence all about matt powder. I really like this as it's lightweight, it doesn't get cakey and it doesn't give my skin a white cast.
  • To contour I use the Barry M Chisel Cheeks contour kit. The shades work really well for my skin and I just love the look I get when I use this product.
  • My favourite blush at the moment is Candyfloss powder blush by MUA. This is natural but buildable so I can use it for a subtle flush or build it up for a more dramatic nighttime look.
  • This highlighter is possibly my favourite product ever, Pink Shimmer Baked Highlighter by Makeup Revolution. If a highlight can show up really well on my pale Irish complexion it gets my approval and this one certainly delivers.

Eyes

I generally go for quite neutral eye looks, but I love a bit of shimmer, so I use the essence All About… Bronze palette. I absolutely love these shadows, they’re so smooth so pigmented and blend incredibly.
The only downside to the palette is the lack of a matte shade, but not to worry, Makeup Revolution single eyeshadow in the shade Delicious does just the trick. I use this shadow as a transition shade to keep my eyeshadow looking seamless and blended.
For eyeliner I’ve been using this shimmery white NYX eyeliner called White Pearl, it’s super soft and creamy and pigmentation. I find it really brightens and opens up my eyes.
My top mascara at the minute is the MUA extreme volume mascara. I really like how this makes my lashes look, it definitely adds volume and unlike some other drugstore mascaras I’ve tried it doesn’t cause the dreaded “spider legs” effect.

Brows

For the brows, I keep it simple with the essence Brow Stylist Kit, which I’ve been using and loving for quite a while now. I generally just use the lighter colour as I prefer to keep my brows quite natural.
I set my brows using the MUA Brow Define in Mid Brown. I like this gel as it sets my brows without making them feel hard and “crispy” like some other gels do.

Lips

The thing I change up most with my makeup are my lips so I have three different lip colours.

The first is this awesome bright purple from Makeup Revolution. It’s a Salvation intense lip-gloss from the Ultra Salvation Lip Collection gift set around Christmas time. I love purple lipstick and the pigmentation of this is incredible, I’m a little in love with it.
The next is more natural, a beautiful nude called Can’t we just make love instead by Makeup Revolution. This is one of their ultra-velour lip creams and gives a lovely matte finish without being too drying or uncomfortable.
The last lip product is a beautiful matte coral called Zest from MUA. It’s one of the Velvet Lip Lacquers from the MUA LUXE line. This is quite a new purchase I love this colour for spring and summer time so I see myself getting plenty of wear out of it.

That's everything in my makeup bag right now, make sure to let me know down below or on my social media (links below) what the top items in your makeup bag are.

Thanks for reading, make sure to follow me on bloglovin' if you'd like to be updated for future posts.

Until Next Time,

Kayla
xxx

Social Media Links:-
Facebook: laceandlipglossxx
Twitter: @laceandlipgloss
Tumblr: laceandlipglossxx

Pinterest: laceandlipgloss
Snapchat: laceandlipglos5

No comments:

Post a Comment